Saturday, October 13, 2007

Favorite: Soap Stars of the Past


I have not watched a soap opera in years, (unless you count Grey's Anatomy). When I was a kid, I would get home from school, get my snack and do my homework in the livingroom as my mom chained smoked her way through daytime soaps, mostly those on NBC. For awhile after I followed some of my favorites, until I moved on, moved out and did not have the time to devote to watching the soaps.


One of my mothers favorite shows was Another World. I watched on and off for years, although did not catch the shows last 4 or 5 years. In the late 80's and early 90's I watched in awe at Anne Heche in her dual role as Vicky and Marley love. Anne was a powerhouse on the show, for a couple of years, the producers obviously centered the show around her and her twin roles. She was amazing to watch, a spitfire playing the good and the bad. She left after about 4 years and it was obvious she was headed to Hollywood and more success. Her personal life aside, this woman could and can act the pants off anyone, and I hope one day she gets to show the world what she showed the viewers of Another World.


Favorite Soap Star of the Past for the week: ANNE HECHE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More